Monday, March 23, 2009

My last two runs haven't gone so well...15 hilly miles with Gordon on Saturday, and 7 cold/windy miles by myself today. So rather than dwelling, I'll focus on my most recent good run: last week's crossroads.

We already established that I am competitive. And now that my brother Ted is training for the Chicago Marathon (his first), the heat is ON. He texted me last week at work to say he'd run 4 miles at 7:10/mile, and therefore was "definitely ready for a faster marathon" than me. hah. Well Ted, at crossroads last week I did 7:17/mile for 8.8 miles. More than twice the distance, not that much slower. Eat it!










I probably could have easily just texted that back to him, but something about this public sphere makes it a little more believable in his book. To be honest, I'm not quite sure where that run came from. I will probably never be able to do Crossroads that fast again without Chris on one side of me, and my new little German friend Matthias on the other. But it WAS a good one!

No comments: