Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a little shout out: volume 3

It's not really a secret in my family that I am neither coordinated, nor graceful. My brothers don't hesitate to remind me of this, by making me demonstrate my less-than-stellar jumping abilities, or reminding me of particularly awkward splats I've taken in field hockey or frisbee. I've been known to do things like trip and smash my ipod while running, bang my dad's car into the garage at age 17, and even fall off my bike and crush my own body.

Well, this week's shout out goes to Mom and Dad Gott--who probably listen to me talk about running more than anyone else, but never stop listening (and at least feigning interest). When I was moaning and groaning to them while driving to my track workout this week, their response was:

mom- "You're going to TRACK?"
dad- "Be careful."
mom-"Yeah, be careful honey....don't hurt yourself."
dad-"Yeah, wear your helmet".

You may laugh at my Dad's seeming exaggeration. But last year for Christmas, my family 'lovingly' gave me a helmet to be used for any and all athletic activities. Lucky for my running buddies in Boston, I choose not to break it out in public :)

But in all seriousness, I am lucky to have such a great team backing me up. I can't think of anyone that is more interested, more supportive, more excited, and more encouraging than my parents...and I CANT WAIT for them to be down here for Marathon Monday. And for all of you coming to Dancing for a Cure next week, keep your eyes peeled: Debbie and Ed might make a guest appearance (though hopefully not in a santa hat, a nightgown, or a bike helmet)!

Team Gott, spring 2008.
Ed, Debbie, Betsy, Ted (24), and Tom (21)

No comments: