Sunday, March 8, 2009

it's a numbers game

THANK YOU!

With six weeks to go until Marathon Monday, I hit two big numbers last week:
500 miles in training
$3,000 in fund raising
That means I am halfway to my fund raising goal, and far more than halfway through my training. I thought the countdown clock at Marathon Sports was a fitting image for this post....I walk by it two times a day, on my way to school and on my way home...and I would be lying if I didn't admit how excited/nervous/anxious/incredulous/scared it makes me each and every time.

But I wouldn't be anywhere without the support of all of you. I may be the one training for, and running this race...but for every mile I run, there is a person along the way that has
supported,
encouraged,
donated,
helped,
cheered,
commiserated,
pushed,
organized,
inspired,
comforted, and
listened.

I try hard to let you all know that, with a thank you or a hug, or a mention in the blog, but sometimes it's impossible to reach everyone that is reaching out to me. So this is for you. Without you, this whole thing would be a lot more challenging--and a lot less meaningful.

Thank you.

No comments: