Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is anyone else getting tired of training for this thing?

I couldn't have asked the question any better myself; this was what Ryan posed to our small group on the T at Crossroads tonight. I am, finally, starting to get a little tired of training for this thing. Tuesday night track is hard. Thursday night hills are hard. I've already logged almost 26 miles this week, and I still have a 22 mile run on Saturday morning. At this point, I'm not getting any more fit...I'm only getting more anxious that something over the next 3.5 weeks might go wrong and undo the past 5 months.

Yeah, I'm a little tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm raising my hand in agreement for that one.

I'd do anything for tomorrow to be April 20 :)

Jack-san said...

This is a sure sign that you are ready - and you're right about not getting a whole lot fitter.

Just go out and enjoy the spring weather during tomorrow's run. Finish it feeling as exhilarated as you can by running 22 miles - and begin your real taper next week - in fact you'll really want to cut back so that in the last week before the race, you'll be eager and getting hungry and excited for the race once again.

BornToRun524 said...

If it wasn't hard everyone could do it. It is the commitment to excellence that will make you successful in your fundraising as well as your race!