Monday, March 2, 2009

good for the soul...and good for the legs

Today's post has nothing to do with running at all. In fact, yesterday and today had nothing to do with running at all. I can't remember the last time I took two days off in a row; but the blizzard, the snow day, and my tired 20mile legs were all welcome excuses today.

Instead, I did two things today that were good for the legs and good for the soul: I took the day off from running, and went for a long walk in the snow instead.

I didn't have a destination in mind as I started walking; but then I remembered a story I had seen on Boston.com about the patients (including our Patient Partners) at the Jimmy Fund Clinic at Dana Farber (click below to see the video):

Ironworkers at Dana-Farber resume a beloved ritual, providing moments of joy for young cancer patients - The Boston Globe

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't leave home without my camera. So camera in hand, pants tucked into my knee-high boots, and not an inch of skin exposed, I ventured down to the Dana Farber building to check out their handiwork. It was beautiful, moving, and brought a smile to my face...even though there wasn't a child or an iron worker in sight. Here are my photos.







Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

sarah said...

Thanks for sharing...and congrats on a great 20 mile training run this weekend. Starting off nice and easy is KEY and try and remember that when you line up on race day.