Friday, January 16, 2009

crossroads

Last night I did a cold COLD run at Crossroads. Every Thursday night, a bunch of us meet up at the Crossroads Pub downtown and take the T out to Newton, then run about 9 miles back to the bar on the marathon course.

And of course, in typical Betsy fashion, I decided I should buy a face mask on my way to the run...and after frantically going to City Sports, EMS, and Marathon Sports (all sold out), I cursed myself for trying to 'plan ahead' only 15 minutes before the run. When we started the run, it was 13 degrees....but as we passed through Coolidge Corner the thermometer said 5. Ouch.

Anyway, I love Crossroads because it's so fun to meet new runners, and each week I find myself running or talking to somebody different! Last night I ran with new friends Marissa and Mike, both first time DFMC-ers, and this guy named Tony (who I kept calling Tom, and he didn't correct me until mile 8. oops!) Marissa, Mike and I brainstormed some new ideas for fund raising, and I made a plan with Shifter and Glen to do our long run together on Saturday morning. And the free pizza and beer after the run doesn't hurt either. Thursday may be the new Friday.

Seeing that today is a day off from school because it's so cold in Boston (-7 with the windchill), it may have to be a day off from running too.

No comments: