Saturday, June 13, 2009

FIT GIRLS run a big race!

No, I am still not back to running. But today I ran/walked the Chelsea River Revel 5k with the lovely Fit Girls team from Chelsea. It was such a fun morning! Many of them were doing their first race, and Sarah, Abby, and I were their "race buddies". Fit Girls is an organization started by my teammate Sarah, and it's mission is to get girls running, reading, and reaching out to the community. Three of my favorite things!

The knee did not hold up so well today, but the girls sure did. They may not have run the entire 3.1 miles, but they were so encouraging to each other, positive, and excited to be actually doing a road race! Their sprints across the finish line were pretty much the cutest thing I've seen in a while.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Fit Girls. What a great idea. I want to learn more about this. I am a big fan of young kids understanding the importance of good health and this is a step to lead these young girls to be life long readers which in turn leads them to life long learning. Plus, as your mom I am very proud of you for reaching out to the community offering service. You go Bets!! By the way, I have a good book for you to read.