Wednesday, April 15, 2009

sometimes inspiration comes from the most random places....

I have been getting so many emails and phone calls this week leading up to the marathon...everything from "you can do it!" to "what's your goal?" to "how do I know when you'll be at mile 17?"

This was a very special and unexpected one that I received this morning; I post it here to share with my fellow DFMC teammates, because it really speaks to all of us!

Hi Betsy,
My cousin Susan works with your Aunt Laurie in Veazie and she shared your website with me. As a breast cancer survivor myself, I just want to say Good luck--kick butt--and thank you for ALL you do for this disease. I am currently training for my second triathlon-Tri for a Cure held in Maine this summer and also the Danskin Tri in Mass. I know all that hard work will pay off when crossing that finish line. Just know that you have friends here in Cumberland Maine who will logging on and getting updates on how you are doing. I think you are amazing--I can't imagine doing a full marathon--maybe someday--hah! Rest well, and get ready to kick some butt.
Fondly,
Karen C.

No comments: