Friday, April 17, 2009

Kids [really do] say the darndest things

I wanted to write something each day this week, to keep a record of all my thoughts and feelings as Marathon Monday approaches.... but as soon as I got to Wednesday, I sort of lost the ability to put my thoughts into words.

I have nothing coherent to say tonight, just a lot of nerves and excitement. So rather than belabor those two points, I'll leave you with some recent quotes from my 3rd graders:

"Ms. Gott has really nice ankles!"

"Ms. Gott, come verse me in a race. I'll win you!"
"Just run so hard and don't give up forever."
"I heard about you. I heard you was going to walk a mile next week."
"Ms. Gott, you're a good teacher. So if you be a good teacher, you can run too."

"Run like the wind! No, run like you on a football team!"

"If you don't win the race, do they make you give all the cancer money back?"

"I saw a blonde lady running a race one time. Was that you? I think it was!"
"Hey, that's my teacher, Ms. Gott! She's going to be famous, she's running in the World Series next week!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of Luck Betsy!
I will be cheering as loudly as possible. I hope you will be able to hear me.

Unknown said...

Those are so funny!!!